Thursday, August 7, 2014

Anger and Coffee, Feeling Mean, Tape Trade Brigade

"Chocobo Racing" is the first thing I
think of when I hear the word "Golem."
Started my day with watery coffee today. What's worst in your opinion? Watery coffee or too strong coffee? When it's too strong it kind of tastes like cough syrup, but when it's watery it's kind of like if a Golem pissed in your cup. I was just mentioning at work how envious I am when I see someone take their first sip of coffee of the day. Only because you can't attain that feeling until the next day again; you had your moment now it's their turn. I am really glad I joined the coffee club a few years back. I used to hate coffee and didn't start drinking it regularly until I was probably 22 or 23. It's one of the few cultural commodities that I can actual relate with people about. I don't drink craft beer and I can't bond over the rotting corpse of another sentient being laid to waste while it's family watches in horror.
Morning ritual.
So I can see why I am alienated from people often but it's nice that I can agree on coffee at least. I think I have linked this before and I'm sure everyone has read it already, but I liked THIS INTERVIEW NPR did with Jerry Seinfeld about coffee. I think I would like to hang out with that guy. Maybe he could give me a lift home one day after RuPaul drops me off at the National Maggot Convention at an undisclosed location in Iowa. Have you seen that video where RuPaul gives Henry Rollins a lift and they talk about love and shit? Check that shit out below if not it's worth a watch. Henry Rollins will always be a confounding individual to me. I respect him in so many ways, but depending on what year it is his views are either spot on or completely fucked. Henry, stop saying "bitch" so much please. Or at all. That's my main gripe bro, just let that shit go. You're almost there. P.S. The new Slipknot song is fucking awesome F.Y.I. I don't really get the video and I miss the days where it was a kid eating gross cereal and getting a boner while he cuts meat, but it is decent.

I wanna be a Renaissance man.

Now onto my own fucked perspectives on the world. The last few days I have been scouring the internet to find a sample for the demo of the opening track on Ruined's full length that I have been working on tirelessly. I will return to that in a moment but essentially I was searching for a gnarly speech or interview about some raw ass God hate or something of the like. I was searching for some hard ass Norwegian dude talking about how Odin would beat the shit out of the Christian God any day of the week. The egg shells I was stepping on was I did not want to sample a racist shit-fuck like a lot of those guys are. I found a sweet sample of Kristoffer Rygg from Ulver back in 1994 talking about Christianity. He said "Christianity is a weak credit to religion." But it was unfortunately in Finnish.Which is cool but I just wasn't feeling it and I hate exploiting or displacing another culture that I have nothing to do with. So I ended up finding another one that is more vague in a poetic sense. It allows the listener to sort of take what they think about it away without coercing them too much. But it was astounding how little I could find through my searches. I was typing all kinds of shit to find some stone cold anti-christian ideology. Where are the George Carlin's of the world? Why are no strong cultural entities standing strong against the plague of piety? All I could find in my search were political or religious leaders speaking out against "The Apostasy of (Insert Religion Here.)" What apostasy? At best I see most people who consider themselves non-religious to be completely apolitical about their beliefs. Which is fine, to each their own. But I don't understand why Christians would ever feel like victims and I guarantee that we will go another 2000 years before that scale ever tips. In their minds, they have won already. When we all die we go burn and they go soar above us forever and ever. So what's the fucking problem? Why the fuck do you care if Johnny McGod-Sucks says "Fuck you, I'm tired of kneeling." You get to go frolic in the meadows of mediocrity with Emperor Theodosius I, The Teutonic Order and every piece of shit who had anything to do with The Bureau of Indian Affairs. I will bathe in the molten springs of Hell and enjoy a face melting cup of Joe with Heraclitus, Thomas Paine, and Friedrich Nietszche. I bet they have some great stories.  

We all must burn.
Let's trade!
Back to my usual Ruined bullshit. As I said I finished demos for our full length the other night which I am pretty proud of overall. We still have a lot of work to do before we head to a studio but I am hoping to do so within the next 2 or 3 months. Otherwise I have been kicking a lot of ideas around the office and I think a few of them may come to fruition. Firstly, I just got a tape rack and was wanting to trade some "FAMILIAR" Ruined tapes for other bands tapes. If you are at interested send me a message on the RUINED FACEBOOK PAGE or send me an email at wouldyoucareatall@gmail.com and we can work something out. Secondly, we are hoping to shoot a music video in the next few weeks with the help of my good ole buddy Monte of PALM HANDS. It won't be anything crazy, just a montage of gloomy ass shit probably. I have also been thinking about investing in a video camera of my own and doing some sort of weekly or bi-weekly podcast of some kind. I don't really know what a podcast is but I would probably just "do it live." I used to take video and do video editing all the time and had a lot of fun with it. I had a really shitty camera and even shittier video editing software but it was fun nonetheless. I had actually totally forgotten about this video below that I made 3 years ago for the song "Bloodhail" by Have A Nice Life. Pretty fucking boring overall but I am surprised it has even 400 views. Anywho, check it out if you want. I was really gangly back then cause I only ate lint and 1 plate of spaghetti a day. And would puke blood from stress caused by the person I was dating at the time as I have mentioned before. Puking blood is a great way to lose pounds. Stay Gloomy. 



No comments:

Post a Comment