Thursday, February 21, 2013

Heroin Hero, Galactic Vegan Federation, Aged Whine

I listened to "Californication" by Red Hot Chili Peppers today at work. It had been a long time since I have listening to that record. It is pretty much the only RHCP record that I am super familiar with and I used to know a lot of basslines off that record. But it's also a bittersweet record for me. My dad, brother and I listened to it a lot during a camping trip we took many years ago. It was a fun trip but I miss that innocence. Like they say, "You never come home." I read most of Anthony Kiedis' biography a while back. I really enjoyed it for the most part, but it started getting really repetitive. "So I would get up and try and score some heroin, then I would have sex probably 14 times and then by then I would want some cocaine. Needless to say my life was pretty hectic." I find it interesting that 2 of my favorite guitarists (Monte Davis Jr. and Graham Henning) both site John Frusciante as being one of, if not their biggest musical influence. Pretty fascinating how a man I will probably never meet affected my life so drastically through his playing which spoke to these two titans of rock. One of these days I want them both to shred on a track, that would seriously blow my fucking mind. I am tearing up right now just imagining it.

Speaking of shredding, I got to listen to the rough tracks that Procession recorded a few weeks ago. They are still very rough, but already I can tell this is going to be the best stuff we have ever put out. I know I have said this a bagillion times but I can't wait until Britty gets her hands on these. They are already amazing songs and once vocals are put on them they will break through the stratosphere and enter the Almond Milky Way Galaxy. Orthopedic surgeons will praise us for all the work they will receive from people starring at floors and THRASHING to the catchy rhythms.

Otherwise, I am hoping to sit down and play through all of the Longing material tomorrow and really get the ball rolling again with that stuff. I have barely even sang for over a month now. I guess it's more like moaning and whining. I site whining as being my main influence when it comes to vocals. "I have feeeeeeeeellllliiiiinnnggggssssssssss!!!!!!  I'm so fucking saaaaaaaaaadddddddddd!!!!! WAAAAAAAAGGGGGHHHHH!!!! No one likes meeeeeeeeeeee!!!!! I wish I was cooooooooooooo!!!! Cause then people would like meeeeee!!! But I'm not coooooooooooooo!!!!!!" I just got out of work so I am just super tired. But yeah, Longing actually has quite a bit of material so hopefully tomorrow will be productive and gloomy. Pretty much only 2 things make me happy, potatoes and bippy. Everything else is DUMB. Some of us are meant to die young. 

No comments:

Post a Comment