Thursday, November 7, 2013

Shit FM, Analog Annotation, Mailbox Massacre

Fuck, music used to be so fucking cool.
I had the unfortunate privilege of listening to a modern "alternative rock" station earlier this week. At first I was actually enjoying myself since they were playing a few songs that might be considered oldies at this point. Heard some Tool, Green Day and even some good Metallica. But only moments later I heard bands like Pop Evil, Theory of a Dead Man, and fucking Aerosmith. Now I pretty much hate Aerosmith, but I can get down on some AC/DC once in a while and of course Led Zeppelin is usually a treat. But I don't listen to a fucking "alternative rock" station to listen to those bands. But to be fair the bastardized primordial alluvium that was once music is far worst than any of these classic rock bands. First of all, it blows my mind that bands that were shitty in 2004 are still touring and selling millions of records everyday. Pop Evil? Come the fuck on people. I have said this many times, but for the most part I believe in "To each their own." I normally would not even critique anyone's musical choices, but there is a line. You all know what I speak of. Once that line is crossed, you just find yourself among a whole new species of humanity. I know what demographic they are trying to appeal to: Imbecilic, hedonistic froth from the carrion depths of contemporary aestheticism. They are basically congealed piles of misogynist intuition and Bud Light. You know, frat guys. You see, frat guys don't have time to develop strong musical backbones and dynamic systems of inspiration. They are far too busy stroking one another's egos and carrying out the genetic imperatives that their fucked up fathers "bestowed" upon them. I am convinced that all problems can be traced back to a man. Even bad music, bad taste and bad moral compasses. Fuck men. Not sure how I went from Aersosmith sucks to fuck patriarchy but hey, fuck it do it live.

This is how I picture most men. They are
like the shit demon from Dogma. 
Old thoughts from a dying memory.
The days of my life.
Otherwise I got up early today and I right away journeyed down into the catacombs of my basement. Or for those of you who don't know, the ancient dwelling of yours truly. As I traversed the piles of garbage and battled the now conscious box of Beanie Babies, I eventually found my way to the dungeon that was once my sanctuary. As much as it sucked sleeping in a freezing basement and having only mice as companionship, I almost miss the person I was at those times. I went down there specifically to find my journal. I recently decided to start keeping a journal again but I wanted to transpose the last few entries of my handwritten journal onto the journal I keep on my computer. I had not made an entry since February of this year which saddened me. I have been using this blog as a kind of journal over the past year, but for the most part I don't do much self reflection nor contemplation on here. I think it's important to have private thoughts and to document them if for no other reason then to see how much you have grown or failed to grow. And in many ways I think I am in a much better place since my last entry but I also used to read far more often and just try and learn as much as I could. Now I just jerk off stale-fish and find it hard to question my current path. Because I know if I truly reflected upon it, I would probably feel horribly disappointed and trapped.

I searched "stop sign humping"
and I found this. I like Green Day
and Macbeth shoes so hey. Whatever.
Speaking of being horribly disappointed, I have some news on the Ruined front. I have finally finished the songs I am doing for a split with my good friend Monte. My side is about a total of 12 minutes and I have been listening to it while I write this. And I must say, I am feeling pretty good about the way it turned out. I know that I am no recording wizard, in fact I am about as capable as a wet carrot in that department, but for a clueless idiot maggot like me I think it turned out okay. I am expecting to be able to put the digital version up for download in the next week or so with some limited physical copies made available shortly thereafter. This is actually my first time putting out music basically by myself so I am excited but nervous about it. I hope that I won't fuck it up. But I already have some plans for another release on the horizon and now that I am done with the songs I have been working on I feel as though I should get started on some new shit today. It could be the 3 cups of coffee but I feel this sense of urgency so I think that would be a good outlet for that. Otherwise I could always go hump a stop sign or fight a mailbox. Me: "What did you say to me mailbox!?" Mailbox: "........." Me: "I will fuck you up man, every heard of the Conklin Crusher?! That was me all day baby!" Mailbox: "...................Fuck Conklin..." Me: "OH FUCK NO YOU DIDN'T!!!" I would be found hours later in a ditch with wounds consistent with mailbox violence and a Times magazine up my ass. The coroner would also note heavy chaffing in the groin area with traces of red and white street sign paint on my pants. Alright I think that's enough for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment