Saturday, October 6, 2012

New Song, Fucking Cold.

I came home from work yesterday feeling pretty pissed off for some reason.  I was playing bass and I came up with a little riff. It kind of reminded me of a clock my grandmother had that would ring every hour. So I became really into this idea of time as being the theme of the song. It all just fell together out of nothingness and is probably one of the most disgusting Godflesh/Jesu sounding material I have ever made. I am really excited to jam that one out with the others. Tentatively it is being called "Sundials." I have always thought sundials were cool ever since I saw Disney's Hercules and that street merchant exposed himself in a trench coat full of sundials.

After doing some vocal takes for the demo this morning, I am now feeling kind of shitty and it is officially cold as fuck in Michigan. But that's what is great about writing this type of music, it's so easy to be in a shitty place and just let the music write itself. Excited to get this record going and maybe play some shows in the the near future. Stay gloomy.

No comments:

Post a Comment